Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Convictions

My heart has been convicted.  God has been showing me some things. I, of course, have been stubborn. I am stubborn. It has taken me a long time to admit and commit to fix these aspects of my life. However, when the Holy Spirit shows you something you listen! I need accountability. God holds me accountable, but The Bible cautions us to seek accountability from our Christian peers as well. This is one reason for attending and being active in a church body.
Here are the convictions the spirit has laid on my heart.  I’ll be going into detail about each of these in my future blog posts. I’ll share my journey: my successes and failures.
1.  God needs to be in control. Not me. Not anyone else. I can’t beg him to step in and take the reins when the horse I call my life gets out of hand. I have to hand him the reins willingly and let him guide my life through good and bad, in everything and I should not try to take the reins. Not ever.  I also can’t let anyone else be in control. It’s not the job of my pastor to steer my life. It’s not the job of my husband or my girlfriends or parents or anyone else. It’s not my job. I have to give it to God. (Jeremiah 29:11)
2. God says that he has not given us the spirit of fear (2 Timothy 1:7).  I am not supposed to be afraid. God is leading my life and he has a good and perfect plan. He knows exactly what he’s doing. He is the gardener and I am being pruned. It might be painful sometimes, but he knows exactly what he is doing and he’s great at it! God does not mess up. I have to stop being afraid of the directions he leads me in and the trials he uses to groom me into the Christian woman he wants me to be.
3.  My body was created by God and I’m supposed to take care of it.  That means being modest and making healthy choices (1 Corinthians 6: 19-20).
Throughout this journey I hope that God will reveal more things to me. If I am to become more Christ like with each day (Ephesians 5: 1-2), I need him to keep showing me my failures and reshaping me into the model of Christ that he would have me to be.
Join me. Hold me accountable. Pray with me and for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment