This week is all about
Hans Christian Andersen's The Ugly Duckling.
- We will be discussing the moral of the story and talking about how we should treat others. I think this is a great lead in to our bible verse of the week:
- John 13:34 "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.
- The part I really want him to get is love one another. If he gets that, I'm happy.
- Five Little Ducks Song:
- "Five little ducks went out one day. Over the hills and far away. Mother duck called "quack quack quack quack!" Only four little ducks came back..." (you use your fingers and keep counting down until all the ducks are gone, then they all come back)
- Practice waddling and quacking like ducks. Noah had trouble waddling but his quacks were adorable!
- Duck Craft:
- printout the outline of a duck in black and white (just do a Google image search for a good outline).
- Noah will tear up a piece of yellow construction paper into small pieces. (He needed a model prompt for this part.)
- Field Trip:
- Finally, we are going to visit a local pond and feed the ducks some stale bread I have in the freezer.
- We will have a picnic lunch and talk about where the ducks live and how they swim in the water. Maybe we will even get to show the ducks how we waddle and quack!
Stay tuned for more pictures!
-Crazy Earth Mama