Friday, June 19, 2015

Cheesy Chicken & Rice in One Pan

I love new recipes. Pinterest is a great way to find them and it's how I found this one.
I love recipes that are delicious (of course), cheap, healthy, and quick. It sounds like a tall order, I know.

I'm always looking for new ways to sneak in vegetables. My husband is a "meat and potatoes" kind of guy... or maybe I should say meat and pasta. He loves pasta! Who doesn't?

Anyway, I found this yummy recipe that's a quick one pan take on the traditional chicken & rice casserole we all grew up with (minus the condensed soup too!)

The Girl Who Ate Everything is responsible for this deliciousness so I won't take the credit but yum!!!

One-Pan Cheesy Chicken, Broccoli, and Rice - an easy dinner that the whole family will love. the-girl-who-ate-everything.comIngredients: 
3 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 yellow onion (diced)
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into bite sized pieces)
2 cloves minced garlic (I used 2 tbsp of minced garlic from a jar - for shame! I know.)
salt & pepper to taste
1 cup uncooked long grain rice (she uses white, but I used brown)
2 1/2 cups broccoli florets (smaller is better, so cut them down)
2 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
2 cups extra sharp cheese (shredded)

Head over to The Girl Who Ate Everything to get the directions for making this quick and delicious meal for your family tonight.

This was so tasty! Even my two year old ate two bowls, which is saying a lot since he's in the middle of that stage where he doesn't want to eat anything. 
It's quick too! It took me about 30 minutes from start to finish, all prep time spent chopping and measuring included.

Enjoy!
-The Crazy Earth Mama

(Image from The Girl Who Ate Everything -- and takes way better pictures of food than me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment