Thursday, June 18, 2015

Knowledge of our Lord



Today's bible verse is 2 Peter 3:18 "But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen."

I've been reading Time Management Mama, an ebook by Sarah Korhnak and Beth Anne Schwamberger.  It's a great book and I'll do a post on what I've learned as soon as I'm finished.
Anyway, one of the goals I set for myself after reading the first chapter is to learn more bible verses. As the Lord tells us through Timothy, we must study to show ourselves approved (2 Timothy 2:15). 

In order to tackle this goal, I've downloaded Word Alert for my iPhone. 

Today's bible verse has me thinking about grace.  Grace is the amazing free gift God gives us when we accept him as Lord. Grace isn't something we deserve, but it's something we need desperately. 
Then, in return, he asks us to give grace to others as we act out the love of Jesus in our daily lives.  It's not easy. In fact, it totally goes against our nature. It's not even possible for us to love people in this way without constant help from God. 
So basically: To bring Glory and honor to God we have to grow in grace and knowledge of the Lord.
  
I'm a big reader and researcher. I really believe in learning something new every day. I believe in studying and researching before making decisions.  I read a new scientific study or article almost daily, but how often do I learn a new verse or read a part of my bible? Not nearly as often as I study the other things that matter to me. 
We spend more time on the things that are most important to us. So, I need to be spending a lot more time in the Word if I really believe my relationship with God is one of the most important things in my life.  

What about you? How's your walk going? 
Are you daily growing in knowledge of our Lord? 
Think of some practical ways Christians can work on this and share them in the comments. 

Let's grow together. 
-Crazy Earth Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment