Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Year's Eve with Noah

Last year, Noah slept pretty much through the whole thing. We celebrated quietly together in the den while he slept. It was nice.
I kind of thought we would be doing the same thing this year. Yes, I read about all the great "pinteresty" things you can do with toddlers to celebrate. Frankly, I didn't have the energy. After his birthday (on December, 22) and the three day long Christmas extravaganza... I was pooped!
I bought some sparkling apple juice and dug out some leftover balloons.I bought some expensive chocolates (on sale from Christmas). I love those Lindt truffles!
We brought out some fireworks left over from the fourth of July too.
Hubby went outside and started a fire in the fire pit which Noah totally loves! He runs around shrieking "Fire Time! It's Fire Time!" We roasted marshmallows and served them with chocolate on leftover Christmas cookies. It was delicious! The "evidence"is still glued to Noah's gloves.
At 10:30 we realized he wasn't going to sleep any time soon so my husband blew up some of the balloons and we played balloon volleyball in the living room while we listened to Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve. The game ended up being really more fun for me and Hubby because while Noah loved the balloons, he stared at them dumbfounded when they bounced his way.  What can I say, he's definitely my kid!
I popped open the apple juice. Noah took about three drinks of it with a strange expression on his face. [He's never had anything carbonated before that.] Then, he declared "YUCK!" and wanted only water for the rest of the night.
Noah and I lasted until 11:30 and then I crashed at the same time as my two year old. I'm counting it as a success and praying last night's crazy schedule doesn't make him a pill when the grandparents come for lunch today.

-Crazy Earth Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment